Friday, July 4, 2014

Molinaseca to Villafranca del Bierzo

Today was a very long and difficult walk for me - and the only reason I made it to Villafranca was because of Heidi (from Switzerland of course). Up until today, we'd been on small-talk terms - sharing a few words at cafés and at moments along the trail. In Ponferrada this morning, Heidi noticed I wasn't doing well, and she stuck by me as I shuffled along like a little old man. Heidi found numerous gentle, funny and practical ways to lift my spirits and keep my feet moving - I hope I get a chance to help someone the way she helped me.


4km from Villafranca - wine country.


500 meters from our destination.


Nectar of the gods - northern Spain's version of vino verde at the celebration dinner with our friend, Christine (Army and Coast Guard - retired). That story can wait a few days.




No comments:

Post a Comment