Saturday, July 12, 2014

O Pedrouzo to Santiago de Compostela

A steady stream of peregrinos up ahead for the final push. I hope to be at the Cathedral before 1:00.


Greater Santiago city limits.


Santiago Airfield - I'll be flying to Madrid with Ryanair in a few days - €38 for the seat - everything else is extra.


Saw this poem in a highway underpass.


Camino kitten in the middle of the path - totally unphased by the passing traffic.


Monte de Gozo (Mount of Joy) - it used to overlook Santiago - now the view is obstructed. 4.7 km to go ...



Welcome to Santiago de Compostela!


These Spanish kids are awesome! They were behind me all the way into town - singing and chanting and getting cars to toot their horns - I loved their positive energy.


Made it!!!


After 18 years of service, my boots only just got me here.


After a shower, I made a quick visit to the cathedral to hug the statue of St James. The massive silver incense burner was originally used to cover up the stench of newly arrived pilgrims.


I heard there's a two hour queue at the Compostela issuing place - I'll get up early tomorrow morning for mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment