Sunday, July 6, 2014

Villafranca del Bierzo to Tricastella

Because of my recovery day, I decided to walk up to O'Cebreiro - stay the night at an Albergue and make up for lost time by getting a ride next morning down to Tricastela (walking downhill's what hurts). 

This offer was quite tempting


Perfect conditions for walking uphill.


Culture wars.


The Shire


Listen for the bells...


Half way there! I should arrive in Santiago next Saturday.


Peregrinos delivered - homeward bound.


Crossing into Galicia.


At O'Cebreiro, I ran into Christine, who was about to jump into a cab to Tricastela - "Did I want to split the fare?" Plan changed - Problem solved.


Arrived in Tricastela just in time for the pilgrim mass.


And then experienced Galicia's Celtic roots.


No comments:

Post a Comment