Thursday, July 10, 2014

Palas de Rei to Arzua

Another bit of a hike today - but from tomorrow on it's all gravy.

Running of the bulls televised live from Pamplona - started at 8:00 am sharp.



Galicia is Gum-tree country - the eucalyptus smell takes me home.


Heading in to Melide


Last 50 km to Santiago. Ended the day 39 km out - some people I met are planning on doing the lot tomorrow. The pull of Santiago is strong - and even though I think they're nuts, one thing's totally corny, but absolutely true - you have to walk your own Camino.


Mirkwood


One of the three official methods of travel to Santiago (plus walking and by bike).


One of the youngest walking peregrinos I've seen. The youngest on a bike was four year old Veronica from Padua.


The Casa Rural I'm staying at tonight.





1 comment:

  1. Love the Lotr references! You are almost there. I look forward to your blogs. Thank you for including me.

    ReplyDelete